Happy Cinco De Mayo and also happy #TotallyChipotleDay! I have been perfecting this recipe ever since I discovered the chipotle spice when I was a teenager. It all started when my parents purchased a pre-made mixed spice from Sam’s Club that I fell in love with but they discontinued selling the item from their shelves and I just had to replicate it.
I have been making this dish for almost two decades now and it’s a classic dish that I turn to for potlucks, get togethers, and mainly a wow dish to amaze others. For the many requests for the recipe over the years, I’ve finally put together something for others to enjoy as I have over the years. Enjoy!
Purchase and download PDF Version.
Serving Size: 6 | Preparation Time: 5-7 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour – 1 hour & 15 minutes
- Basil (dried), 1 tsp
- Black Pepper, ½ tsp
- Chicken Wings (thawed), 4-5 lbs.
- Chipotle Spice (dried), 1 tsp
- Dill (dried), 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder, ½ tsp
- Oregano (dried), 1 tsp
- Lee Kum Lee Panda Brand Oyster Sauce, ½ cup
- Paprika (dried), 1/2 tsp
- Salt, 1 tsp
- Thyme (dried), 1 tsp
- Baking Sheet
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Parchment Paper
- Prep Glass Bowls
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Spice Containers
- Preheat oven to 400-degree Fahrenheit.
- Place chicken wings into a mixing bowl.
- Add oyster sauce and all of the dry ingredients (basil, black pepper, chipotle, dill, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, salt, and thyme) and mix with hands. (NOTE: For better marination, place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.)
- Place the marinated chicken wings on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for total of 1 hour (30 minutes on each side).
- Optional: for an extra crisp, switch the oven to broil setting on High for 3-5 minutes on each side.
NOTE: This dish is best served with a side of white rice and Spicy Tomato Pepper Sauce.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.