For whatever reason I’m in a roasting vegetable type of mood lately, must be the cold weather settling in making me want to feel all warm and cozy drinking my matcha latte and binge watching new shows… like everyone else is doing. As of lately, me and a group of my best friends have decided to go on a Biggest Loser competition among our group. And quite frankly, it’s much needed because of this quarantine life that has gotten all of us eating and drinking whatever in sight and gym memberships to a halt. Of course, I’m very competitive and it’s gotten be thinking all sorts of creative and healthy dishes to make.
Let’s start with the most important meal of the day… breakfast! I love eating breakfast that are filling, satisfying, and most importantly flavorful. Let’s be honest, I’m not going on a diet to sacrifice flavor, that’s not an option. But, what I can do is to add more vegetables and fruits into my diet for that added fullness so that I don’t eat so much of what I don’t need to. So let’s be real, my breakfasts are huge and I don’t have the time to be eating mini meals or snacks during the day. I’m working from home just like everybody else, homeschooling my 8th grader, and a potty training toddler who’s walking around the house naked because quite frankly he just doesn’t get it yet (but that’s a whole other different story). So with that, I prefer to eat larger meals into the late morning sometimes at noon, of course I’m also intermittently fasting, so that I don’t need to feast for dinner until 5 or 6 pm in the evening.
- Tortilla (1)
- Eggs (2)
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salted butter (1 tablespoon)
- Oven Baked Potato Fries
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Black pepper (1/4 teaspoon)
- Soy sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Chopped baby bella mushrooms (3)
- Prepare Oven Baked Potato Fries and set it aside.
- Cook the baby bella mushrooms in a non stick pan and cover with the lid to allow the steam to cook the mushrooms. Stir occasionally for about 7-10 minutes or until soft and then set it aside.
- Melt the butter and coat it on a non stick pan over medium to high heat.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and then add salt, black pepper, and soy sauce and whisk.
- Add the whisked eggs in the non stick pan and cover with the lid at medium to low heat for amount 1-2 minutes or until the top of the eggs are semi to fully cooked.
- Flip the eggs with a spatula and ensure the cooked eggs are all in one piece like a pancake when flipping it.
- Then sprinkle the shredded sharp cheddar cheese and then place the tortilla on top at medium to high heat.
- Use the spatula to once again flip to where the tortilla will now be at the bottom and the egg will be on top. Now add the Oven Baked Potato Fries and cooked mushrooms. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes or until the tortilla is golden brown.
- Then use the spatula to carefully lift one edge of the tortilla and roll if possible, if not then fold it in half.
- Optional to serve with a side of salsa or hot sauce of your choice.
If you’ve tried this recipe and would like to share it on social media, use the hash tag #recipesbykayklalor. I would love to see your creation!
|Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.|