If you’re like me, making your picky toddler actually eat is a challenging task in itself. Some days you just want to create a quick side meal for your toddler or if your toddler is being picky from the main meal that you’ve already cooked, luckily this basic dish will be easy and fast to put together with zero prep.
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes | Serving Size: 4-5 people
- Marinara Sauce, 0.5 container
- Penne Pasta, Garofolo, 0.5 a pack (2 ounce)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded, 1 handful
- Parmesan Cheese (Grated), 1 g
- Meatballs (frozen), 15-20 meatballs
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Pure Sea Salt, Kirkland, 2 tablespoons
- Saucepan (3 -4 quart)
- Full Baking Sheet
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring spoons
- Stainless Steel Strainer
- Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup
- Preheat the oven according to the meatball package.
- Place the frozen meatballs on a baking sheet and place it in the oven.
- Bake the meatballs per the directions on the package.
- Once completed baking, set the baked meatballs aside.
- Fill the saucepan 3/4 with water and add 2 tablespoons of sea salt to the water on medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, add the penne pasta and cook for 20 minutes or until softened and occasionally stir with a wooden spoon.
- Separate the penne pasta and the water (make sure to save some of the pasta water in a Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup) using a stainless steel strainer in the sink.
- Place the penne pasta back into the saucepan and add the baked meatballs, marinara sauce, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese and stir over medium heat.
- Plate the contents on a plate, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese. And if you’re serving yourself a plate, feel free to add crushed red pepper flakes (optional).