The only time we ever make this Crockpot Split Pea with Ham Soup is if we have leftover ham. Probably one of the best leftovers we make with leftover ham, but unfortunately, we make this meal at least once a year and typically around the holidays. But this upcoming year will be different as I have at least 2 Ziploc Freezer Bags full of frozen ham from Thanksgiving Dinner’s leftover. I’m determined to make sure we’ll have more than one meal of Split Pea with Ham soup.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes | Cook Time: 6 hours | Serving Size: 8-10
Purchase and download digital PDF recipe, click here.
- 1 Spiral Sliced Bone In Half Ham
- 2 stick of Carrots, sliced
- 2 stick of Celery, sliced
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 lb package of Dried Green Split Pea
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of Dried Thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoon Salt or salt to taste
3. Add water to submerge all the ingredients to the minimum fill line of the Crockpot.
4. Stir using a cooking utensil for a good mix of all of the ingredients.
5. Set Crockpot to cook for 6 hours.
6. Set to cook for 6 hours, use an immersion blender to blend to preferred smoothness. I like it a bit chunky with some smoothness, so a few pulses would be sufficient.
7. Before serving, taste to adjust salt to taste.
- Add carrots, celery, green split pea, yellow onions, thyme, salt, garlic, and black pepper in a Crockpot.
- Place ham bone in the Crockpot with a desirable amount of cubed ham.
- Add water to submerge all the ingredients.
- Stir using a cooking utensil for a good mix of all of the ingredients.
- Set to cook for 6 hours, use an immersion blender to blend to preferred smoothness.