- lack Pepper, 2 tsp
- Carrot (fresh), 1, grated
- Cilantro (fresh), ½ cup chopped
- Egg (Whole), 1
- Egg Yolk, 1
- Spring Home Spring Roll Pastry Wraps (thawed), 50 wrap, individually peeled
- Garlic (fresh), 5 cloves, minced
- Green Onion (fresh), ½ cup chopped
- Ground Pork (thawed/fresh), 2-3 lbs.
- Onion (fresh), ½
- Oyster Sauce, ¾ cup
- Salt, 2 tsp
- Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- Lungkow Vermicelli Bean Thread Noodles (dried), 10 oz., boiled in water, drained to cool, and cut with shears
- Place ground pork in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all of the fresh vegetable ingredients (cilantro, green onion, garlic, onion, carrots) into the large mixing bowl. Add one whole egg, salt, black pepper, oyster sauce, and the drained Vermicelli Bean Thread Noodles. Mix thoroughly with hands.
- Place a spoonful of the egg roll filling and place it 2 inches above the bottom corner of the wrap. Shape the egg roll filling in a horizontal row. Pull the bottom corner of the wrap up over the filling to start rolling, at midpoint pull the side corners of the wrap towards the center and continue to roll until near the top.
- Smear the egg yolk on the top corner of the wrapper and continue to roll to seal.
- Repeat to make 40-50 rolls.
- Pour vegetable oil in a deep-frying pan on medium to high heat on the stovetop. Allow at least 1 to 2 inches of oil depth in the deep-frying pan. Also as a safety precaution, allow enough room for the top of the frying pan to rise for the difference in liquid volume when cooking the egg rolls.
- Once the oil is hot. Place 4-6 egg rolls in the deep-frying pan. (Tip: Don’t place too many egg rolls in a frying pan, this will change the temperature of the oil and may take longer to cook, and also soften the exterior texture of the egg roll wrap.)
- Allow for the egg rolls to float then flip with using a tong. (Tip: Flipping the egg rolls too often and too soon will deteriorate the egg roll wrap).
- When the egg rolls are a golden-brown color, use the tong to grab the egg rolls and place on a cooling rack.
- Repeat until all of the egg rolls are cooked.
- Place cooled egg rolls on a serving platter and
- Serve with hot sauce.